Bei HoB vergriffen - bei uns auch ... :-[
HIGH GROUND! is a set of eight hot new scenarios based on two new geomorphic map boards. The boards are incredibly unique in that, when put together side-by-side, they form one large hill. Three sides of these two boards remain geomorphic so that they can be matched to make an incredible combination of new battlefields! The hill itself is four levels high and up to fifteen hexes wide!
In addition to the dominating HIGH GROUND on each board you will also find a sprawling village, shell-shattered roads, forested roads and realistic grain fields.
Here is just a sample of what you will experience:
- February, 1944: The Germans attempt a desperate escape from the Cherkassy Pocket, while Russian heavy tanks try to break into the mountainside pass. Can the rear guard of Austrian artillery men hold the crimson tide while hundreds of desperate Germans escape westwards?
- June, 1940: Elite Italian Alpine troops crash into the heavily fortified eastern defenses of the French border. Once again, the French and Italians find themselves at each other's throats!
- January, 1943: Japanese defenders on Guadalcanal are trapped in a valley of jungle and pillboxes. The US Army moves in to eliminate all resistance. There will be no prisoners!
- November, 1940: The Italian attack into Greece has failed. Desperation builds when the Greeks launch a counterattack forcing the Italians to retreat back across the river, under direct fire!
- April 6th, 1941: German Engineers from the 5th Mountain Division await the conclusion of the artillery barrage on the heavy Greek fortifications. Will the thunder of so many shells crush the defenders or just provide a smoke screen for the Engineers to move within grenade range?
- July 9th, 1943: The battle of Kursk enters its zenith. The Germans lunge at the Russians with their heaviest armor, six Ferdinands lumbering towards Hill 235.5. In their tracks follow the exhausted Grenadiers. Terrified defenders and land mines wait in the tall grain...
This is a ground-breaking concept for HOB. If you like what we do here, wait until you see what we have cooked up for you in the future.
ATTENTION Scenario Designers! You now have a new tool to enhance your work and our hobby.