Chapter 1: "Haunting of Harrowstone"
by Michael Kortes
When Harrowstone Prison burned to the ground, prisoners, guards, and a host of vicious madmen met a terrifying end. In the years since, the nearby town of Ravengro has shunned the fire-scarred ruins, telling tales of unquiet spirits that wander abandoned cellblocks. But when a mysterious evil disturbs Harrowstone’s tenuous spiritual balance, a ghostly prison riot commences that threatens to consume the nearby village in madness and flames. Can the adventurers discover the secrets of Harrowstone and quell a rebellion of the dead? Or will they be the spirit-prison’s next inmates?
* This volume of Pathfinder Adventure Path launches the Carrion Crown Adventure Path and includes: “The Haunting of Harrowstone,” a Pathfinder RPG adventure for 1st-level characters, by Michael Kortes
* A tour of Ravengro, village of mystery and suspicion, by Michael Kortes
* Expanded rules for creating and running horrific haunts, by Brandon Hodge
* An ancient revenge is reborn in the Pathfinder’s Journal, by F. Wesley Schneider
* Six new monsters, by Adam Daigle and Patrick Renie
Each monthly full-color softcover 96-page Pathfinder Adventure Path volume contains an in-depth adventure scenario, stats for several new monsters, and support articles meant to give Game Masters additional material to expand their campaign. Pathfinder Adventure Path volumes use the Open Game License and work with both the Pathfinder RPG and the standard 3.5 fantasy RPG rules set.