You are traders in the bustling commerce city of Carthage, buying goods at Market and selling them to overseas merchants. But if you want to prosper, be careful of pirates!
Players buy goods or grab coins in the market while cards inthe famr replenish the market. When goods are bought, ships move toward Carthage. When a ship reaches Carthage, a payday occurs, where that particular merchandise is sold. Any ships on pirate spaces get raided and you must discard cards with storage icons to try and save your merchandise.
Achievement tokens increase the value of your merchandise and when someone has gotten 8 or more such tokens the game is over.
* 1 Main board
* 1 Sideboard
* 108 Cards (27 each for red, blue, yellow and green)
o eleven 2s, nine 3s, and seven 5s in each color
* 48 cardboard Achievement chips (each 12 for red, blue, yellow and green)
* 4 wooden Ship pieces (each 1 for red, blue, yellow and green)
* 4 wooden Trader pieces (each 1 for red, blue, yellow and green)
* 4 wooden Reservation pieces (each 1 for red, blue, yellow and green)