The Battle for Farmingdale
States of SiegeTM #9
From designer Hermann Luttmann and lavishly illustrated by Heather Wagenbach arises Dawn of the Zeds , a States of Siege™ solitaire game of horror and survival. The world has gone crazy – a deadly virus has turned ordinary people into vicious, zombie-like killers. The undead, nicknamed "Zeds," are now converging on your corner of the world. You have been left to your own devices to stop them while the National Guard organizes a relief column and fights its way to you – but that could take days, or even weeks, before they arrive.
At the town of Farmingdale and its surrounding villages, you must coordinate its defenses. Regular citizens may emerge as heroes as you work to halt the Zeds' advances by (re)-killing them, discovering and implementing a cure to this vile scourge, and preserving the area and its inhabitants as much as possible.
In a game that requires the utmost test of skill and nerve, will you survive long enough? Will you be able to fight hordes of Zeds while protecting the townspeople? Unearth Dawn of the Zeds, a game that will keep you on your toes!
Number of Players: 1 brave soul
Ages: 13 and up
Playing Time: approx. 60 minutes
Complexity: 5 on a 9 scale
Solitaire Suitability: 9 on a 9 scale
Scale: Each unit represents a single Hero plus their entourage, dozens of citizens, and hundreds of Zeds.
• One 8-page, color Game Rules booklet
• 12 color, die-cut 3/4” mounted game pieces
• 16 color, die-cut 5/8” mounted game pieces
• 10 color, die-cut 1/2” x 1” mounted game pieces
• 28 color, die-cut 5/8” round mounted game pieces
• 48 Event cards
• 20 Fate cards
• 8 Hero cards
• One 11” x 17” color game map
• 1 two-sided Player-Aid sheet
• Polybag packaging and component storage
What They're Saying:
- "There’s loads of action packed into DotZ as well as plenty of twists and turns. Just about every heart pounding moment from a great many zombie movies is crammed into the Event and Fate cards. Look! A new Hero has arrived! Hooray! And that same said Hero later snaps and runs off to be eaten by the zombies… Boo! There are so many random factors involved – strength of the starting Zed and Civilian units, Heroes you begin the game with, the Events that are and aren’t in the deck, and so on – that no two games will ever play out the same. Each time you bring DotZ to the table you’ll have a lot to … wait for it… chew on!" - The Gaming Gang
Game Design: Hermann Luttmann
Documentation & Development: Alan Emrich and Thomas Sobczak Jr.
Series Developer: John Welch
Art & Graphics: Tim Allen (Art Director, card backs, counters), Jessica Schultz (cards and counters) and Heather Wagenbach (map)
Writing: David Spangler (fiction)
Production: Noelle Le Bienvenu
Playtesting: Marco Arnaudo, Deon Carrico, Mariano Rico Castillo, Terry Coleman, Paul Fish, Tim Harrison, Gonzalo Perez, Thomas Sobczak, Jr., David Spangler, Chris Stueck, Oliver Upshaw III, Ian Wakeham, Mike Yanacheak, Sean Young
Proofreading: Bill Barrett, David Spangler, Ian Wakeham
Many Zeds were harmed in the making of this game.